Our Impact in the Community
The Century Club of San Diego uses the game of golf as the platform to showcase San Diego to an international audience, to generate revenue for the city, and to make a difference in our community by creating programs that primarily benefit at-risk and underserved youth charities.
Century Club of San Diego
The Century Club of San Diego is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation organized for the main purpose of administering and promoting San Diego’s annual PGA TOUR golf tournament, the Farmers Insurance Open®. Composed of San Diego’s brightest business leaders, The Century Club is dedicated to maximizing support for the San Diego community and local youth programs.
Since 1961, the Century Club has used golf as the platform to showcase San Diego to an international audience, generate revenue for the city, and make a difference in our community by creating programs that benefit at-risk and underserved youth charities.
Champions for Youth
Champions for Youth is the core charitable program of the Century Club where charitable partners receive comprehensive strategic resources, funding, and volunteer support.
The Century Club provides organizations the tools and resources to maximize their efforts, including strategy assistance; marketing collateral; access to Classy software, a leader in online fundraising; and the funding of all credit card fees associated with the donations.
How it Works
Six local charities fundraise from November 29 – January 29, the day after the 2023 Farmers Insurance Open concludes. Depending on the amount raised and number of donors each charity has, organizations receive additional funds from the Farmers Cares Bonus Pool. The 2023 Farmers Cares Bonus Pool is $285,000. Last year, organizations earned a 62% median return on donation, meaning for every $1 donated, the charities received $1.57.
This initiative primarily supports two organizations – Pro Kids, First Tee – San Diego and the Advocates Professional Golf Association (APGA) Tour – that use golf to benefit the community and enhance diversity within the game, both inside and outside of the ropes.
In addition to funding opportunities, Pro Kids members participate in the Youth Clinic and benefit from the Tony Scholl Cup, an annual Century Club tournament.
The APGA Foundation provides learning opportunities to underserved youth through programs throughout the country. They also provide educational grants through their annual Essay Contest.
APGA Tour Farmers Insurance® Invitational
The fourth annual APGA Tour Farmers Insurance Invitational will again be held at Torrey Pines Golf Course in conjunction with the PGA TOUR’s Farmers Insurance Open. The event is part of Farmers® ongoing commitment to the Advocates Professional Golf Association (APGA) Tour and its work to grow diversity in golf. Helping to remove the financial burden associated with the game and providing playing opportunities are top priorities for both Farmers and the APGA. The organizations are also focused on ensuring players have access to the tools and support they need, allowing them to better focus on their career path and development in the game.
The Century Club of San Diego is proud to support local charities and community organizations through in-kind donations of Farmers Insurance Open ticket packages for use in fundraising event auctions and raffles. The purpose of this program is to provide a tool to generate incremental funds that will assist San Diego County schools and charities in achieving their missions.
Who can request tickets?
San Diego County 501(c)(3) organizations or schools
The Century Club will only consider requests from the following types of organizations and activities:
- San Diego County schools, preschool through college
- San Diego County school support organizations including Booster Clubs, PTA/PTOs, athletic teams, bands, performing arts groups, school foundations, etc.
- 501(c)(3) charities with a business address in San Diego County
Proceeds of donated ticket packages must benefit programs and projects that will be implemented in San Diego County. For organizations that service multiple counties, including San Diego, please include in your solicitation letter the percentage of your programs and/or budget that benefits San Diego County annually.
Generally, The Century Club will not consider requests from the following entities, organizations, or activities:
- Endowment funds or for-profit organizations
- Groups that practice discrimination based on ideology, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disabilities, race, color, religion, national origin, or ancestry
- Sectarian or denominational religious groups, except for programs that are broadly promoted, available to anyone, and free from religious orientation
- Political parties, candidates, or partisan-political groups
- Political, labor, or fraternal organizations
- Organizations based in San Diego whose beneficiaries live outside of San Diego County
- Organizations that do not complete the form as directed or submit the request in the outlined time frame
Approved organizations will receive one donation per Tournament year. Organizations with multiple fundraising events should prioritize and submit only one request per Tournament year. Organizations that do not complete all required steps, including submitting an acknowledgment letter, may not be eligible to receive a donation the following year.
What is available to request?
Subject to availability, a ticket package of 2 Opening Day (Wednesday, January 25) grounds tickets, valued at $160.
When are requests submitted?
Requests may be submitted from now until December 31, subject to available inventory, if it is at least four (4) weeks prior to your event. No exceptions.
- Requests will generally be accepted annually beginning in April for events taking place in May and will be considered during a window running through December 31 each year, however, this may vary. Please continually check the website for updates to this timeline.
- Due to the timing of the Farmers Insurance Open, generally, ticket donations will not be made January through March.
How are requests submitted?
- Click the Apply Now button, which will direct you to DonationMatch, our community ticket partner
- Complete the requested information
- Receive submission confirmation
- If approved, you will receive a certificate with a promo code for redemption.
- Deliver certificate to the winner, who will log into (or create) their Ticketmaster account and follow the instructions on the certificate to process their tickets.
Note: all tickets are electronic tickets. The winner will receive their tickets via email
The Century Club of San Diego reserves the right to accept or reject any application and to change the application criteria at any time. Other guidelines may apply and will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Thank you for your interest in a Farmers Insurance Open donated ticket package, we wish you luck with your event!
With a large military presence in San Diego, this program salutes the men and women of our armed forces and their families. In support of our longtime partner, the Armed Services YMCA, we will provide an annual donation, volunteer at their monthly neighborhood food exchange program, and donate refurbished vehicles to ASYMCA members and others in the Southern California military community.
The larger military community enjoys discounted tickets to active, retired, reservists, veterans, and dependents on Full Field Days (Wednesday 1/25 and Thursday 1/26).