Fundraise for Your School or Charity!
Support our San Diego (S.O.S.D.) is administered by The Century Club of San Diego, the host organization of the Farmers Insurance Open. The program works to provide San Diego 501(c)(3) charities, schools and school support organizations with tools to raise funds that will fill budget gaps to get the things they need to make a difference in the lives of those they serve.
How it Works
- The Farmers Insurance Open provides discounted tickets to the Tournament to participating nonprofits and schools to sell.
- Participating organizations sell tickets.
- Participating organizations receive $25 from every ticket they sell!
Please contact Payton Wells for more information.
- San Diego County schools, preschool through college
- San Diego County school support organizations including Booster Clubs, PTA/PTOs, athletic teams, bands, performing arts groups, school foundations, etc.
- 501(c)(3) charities with a business address in San Diego County (see restrictions below)
- 501(c)(3) Junior Golf organizations based in and serving Southern California
Proceeds of S.O.S.D. must benefit programs and projects that will be implemented in San Diego County. For organizations that service multiple counties, including San Diego, please include this information in the notes section of your application, along with the percentage of your programs and/or budget that benefits San Diego County annually.
Generally, The Century Club will not consider requests from the following entities, organizations or activities:
- 501(c)(3) sports clubs/organizations whose programs focus solely on providing sports opportunities AND are not affiliated with a San Diego County school (i.e. club soccer/baseball where most participants pay team dues)
- Endowment funds or for-profit organizations
- Groups that practice discrimination based on ideology, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disabilities, race, color, religion, national origin, or ancestry
- Sectarian or denominational religious groups, except for programs that are broadly promoted, available to anyone, and free from religious orientation
- Political parties, candidates or partisan-political groups
- Political, labor or fraternal organizations
- Organizations based in San Diego whose beneficiaries live outside of San Diego County
- Organizations that do not complete the form as directed or do not submit the request in the required time frame
Applicants must be able to provide documentation as proof of their eligibility as outlined below:
School Support Organizations (PTA, Sports Teams, etc.) – Form W9 (IRS Tax Document – can often be acquired from school accounting department)
School Foundations – IRS Determination Letter (IRS Document received when organization incorporated as a nonprofit)
501(c)(3) Charities – IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter
If your organization meets these guidelines, please complete the application at the bottom of this page. All applications must be submitted through the online form provided. Phone, fax and email requests will NOT be accepted.
Applications will be evaluated on the completeness of responses and alignment with program purpose and eligibility guidelines and restrictions
The Century Club of San Diego will carefully review all S.O.S.D. applications. Final determination regarding such applications shall be at the sole discretion of the Century Club of San Diego. Each applicant will receive notification regarding its Program admission status in a timely manner. Participation in the S.O.S.D. Program is conditional upon compliance with all Program rules and procedures. Both denial of an application as well as removal from the Program may occur at any time, and for any reason, with such decisions made at the sole discretion of the Century Club of San Diego.
Ticket Request Guidelines/Restrictions
Applicants will be required to follow the guidelines and restrictions below when requestion tickets:
- The minimum ticket request for any organization is 50 tickets
- Returning organizations may only initially request 50 more tickets than the amount the organization sold the previous year, i.e if your organization sold 100 tickets last year, you may only initially request up to 150 this year. If the organization sells through those initial tickets, it may pick up an additional allotment of tickets by the second allotment deadline
- New organizations (defined as those that did not participate in the previous program year) may only initially request up to 200 tickets. If the organization sells those initial tickets, it may pick up an additional allotment of tickets by the second allotment deadline.
For more information on The Century Club of San Diego, please visit the CCSD site.
S.O.S.D. Organization Highlight
Pro Kids | The First Tee of San Diego will have tickets available for purchase at the front desk of their City Heights (Colina Park) location from 7am – 6pm Monday – Friday, excluding holidays.
Address: 4085 52nd Street, San Diego, CA 92105
If you would like to call regarding availability in advance, please contact: (619) 582-7884
Pro Kids’ goal is to raise $5,000 through S.O.S.D.. Pro Kids | The First Tee of San Diego offers up to $5,000 per year per scholar to support their higher education journey. Many of the recipients are first-generation college students and are of the highest need. Your ticket purchase directly supports Pro Kids’ scholarship program and can impact the course of a scholar’s future forever.