2020 Donation Requests are now CLOSED!
For 2021 Donation Request information please contact Payton Wells
The Century Club of San Diego is proud to support more than 100 charities and community organizations annually through in-kind donations of Farmers Insurance Open ticket packages for use in fundraising event auctions and raffles. The purpose of this program is to provide a tool to generate incremental funds that will assist San Diego County schools and charities in achieving their missions.
Please carefully review all donation guidelines below. If your organization’s event meets these guidelines, please submit your request using the form at the bottom of this page. All donation requests must be submitted through the online form provided. Mail, phone, email and fax requests will NOT be accepted. PLEASE NOTE: submitting a request does not guarantee you will receive a donation.
Thank you for your interest in a Farmers Insurance Open donated ticket package, we wish you luck with your event!
In-Kind Ticket Donation Specifications
Due to the high volume of requests, the Tournament is happy to donate ticket packages to approved events. Please note, due to a high volume of requests and limited availability, Tournament merchandise and memorabilia will not be donated.
The fair market value of in-kind donations is based on the retail value of Farmers Insurance Open tickets. Typically, organizations will receive a ticket package of 4 grounds tickets valued at $200.
- All donation requests must be submitted through the online form below. Mail, phone, email and fax requests are NOT accepted.
- All requests must be submitted at least four (4) weeks prior to your event
- The online donation form must be filled out completely for your request to be considered
- Those approved organizations will receive a certificate with promo codes for redemption. Directions for redemption will be printed on the donated certificate.
- Approved organizations will receive one donation per Tournament year. Organizations with multiple fundraising events should prioritize and submit only one request per Tournament year
- Organizations that do not complete all required steps, including submitting an acknowledgment letter, may not be eligible to receive a donation the following year
Guidelines and Restrictions
The Century Club will only consider requests from the following types of organizations and activities:
- San Diego County schools, preschool through college
- San Diego County school support organizations including Booster Clubs, PTA/PTOs, athletic teams, bands, performing arts groups, school foundations, etc.
- 501(c)(3) charities with a business address in San Diego County
Proceeds of donated ticket packages must benefit programs and projects that will be implemented in San Diego County. For organizations that service multiple counties, including San Diego, please include in your solicitation letter the percentage of your programs and/or budget that benefits San Diego County annually.
Generally, The Century Club will not consider requests from the following entities, organizations or activities:
- Endowment funds or for-profit organizations
- Groups that practice discrimination based on ideology, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disabilities, race, color, religion, national origin, or ancestry
- Sectarian or denominational religious groups, except for programs that are broadly promoted, available to anyone, and free from religious orientation
- Political parties, candidates or partisan-political groups
- Political, labor or fraternal organizations
- Organizations based in San Diego whose beneficiaries live outside of San Diego County
- Organizations that do not complete the form as directed or submit the request in the outlined time frame
- Requests will generally be accepted annually beginning in April for events taking place in May, and will be considered during a window running through December 31 each year, however, this may vary. Please continually check the website for updates to this timeline.
- Due to the timing of the Farmers Insurance Open, generally, ticket donations will not be made January through March
- Ticket packages donated April-December 2019 are valid for the 2020 Farmers Insurance Open. Preview (Pro-Am) Day is on January 22, 2020 with competition taking place January 23-26, 2020.
- Request timeline & procedures are below (all emails indicated will be sent to the email address provided on the request form)
|At least 4 weeks prior to event||Organization submits online request for in-kind ticket package|
Organization will receive a confirmation of submission *(See below)
|Within 2 weeks of submission||Organization will receive an email if the request has been approved. (Please do not check with The Century Club on the status of your request prior to the two-week period specified)|
|If approved, following confirmation email||Organization to provide a donation acknowledgment letter to The Century Club using the instructions provided in the approval email|
|Contemporaneously following event||Organization to provide a donation acknowledgment letter to The Century Club using the instructions provided in the approval email|
* If you do not receive an email that your request has been successfully submitted, please ensure you have clicked “submit” on the form, then check your spam folder. If the email is there, add the email to your safe senders list. If the email is not in your inbox and/or spam folder, please contact email@example.com to resolve the issue.
If you have a question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for the important work you do for our community and best of luck with your event!
The Century Club of San Diego reserves the right to accept or reject any application and to change the application criteria at any time. Other guidelines may apply and will be evaluated on an individual basis.