Health and Safety Protocols
Updated as of 1/6/2022
Health and Safety Protocols
Tournament staff is working with local health officials and the PGA TOUR to ensure the safety of everyone on site for the 2022 Farmers Insurance Open. All protocols will adhere to current CDC guidelines.
Verification of fully vaccinated status or a negative test result is not required to enter the tournament. This extends to all fans, volunteers, partners, and vendors.
Given the fact that the tournament is outdoors or in open-air venues, masks will not be required for those fully vaccinated while unvaccinated individuals should continue to wear a mask. The only indoor fan areas on course are the Merchandise Tent and Pro Shop.
Please note, masks will be required on the parking shuttles to and from Del Mar and State Beach.
Throughout the course, we have implemented the current CDC recommendations as they relate to cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting practices in all areas of tournament operations.
A team of dedicated personnel will ensure the continual replenishment of all hand sanitizer stations, which will be present throughout the course at places of touchpoints. All hand sanitizer stations are contactless.
All tickets and parking passes are now digital, and the tournament is a cashless event to limit physical transactions.
Please use good judgment. Stay home if you have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, or if they have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
Continue to check the tournament website for current guidelines or follow us on social.
All attendees of the Farmers Insurance Open will walk through magnetometers, and are subject to search prior to entering the Tournament. Searches will be conducted either prior to boarding the shuttles or at the entrance gates.
Please note what type of bags and purses are allowed on site:
Other Permitted Items
- All mobile devices must be in silent mode. Calls are only allowed in the designated Mobile Device Areas.
- Strollers, small diaper bags, plastic baby bottles, and other baby supplies (infant must be in carrier)
- Umbrellas without sleeves
- Collapsible chairs, without chair bags
- Still camera without case and lens smaller than 6″ (Monday-Wednesday only)
- Binoculars without binocular case
Do Not Bring
- Outside food or beverages except for medical or infant needs
- Backpacks or any bag larger than 6″ x 6″ x 6″
- Bag for collapsible chair
- Lawn or oversized chairs
- Seat cushions
- Pets except for service animals
- Electronic devices such as video cameras, computers, laptops, radios, or TVs
- Whistles, horns or noisemakers
- Signs, fireworks, or illegal substances
- Cups, cans or containers of any kind except for medical or infant needs
- Weapons, including but not limited to, firearms or knives
- Poles or rods
- Laser pointers
- Any item deemed unlawful or dangerous by the PGA TOUR/ Tournament Security