Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with the Century Club. At this time, there are no openings.
As the host organization of the Farmers Insurance Open, the Century Club’s internship program is an extremely hands-on experience where students will have the opportunity to play a major role in the execution of San Diego’s PGA TOUR event held at Torrey Pines from January 20 – 26, 2020.
We are now accepting applications for our 2020 Tournament. The internship runs from November through the end of February.
Please see below for a brief description of each position.
The Marketing Intern supports the Marketing and Sales Support Manager with a variety of functions prior to and during the Tournament, including assisting on projects like the following:
- Writing website content, and sales/marketing material copy
- Coordinating and implementing social media strategies and influencer marketing plan
- Planning and coordinating of influencer video shoots
The Hospitality Management Intern works closely with the Director of Partner Relations & Business Integration on the fulfillment of all hospitality partnership agreements as they relate to ticketing, signage, catering, and on-course activations. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with hospitality partner communication pre, during, and post Tournament related to ticket packages, venue deliveries, catering requests, etc.
- Processing additional ticket (SRO) orders from hospitality partners
- Managing communication and implementation of the PGA TOUR’s Honorary Observer program
The Special Events intern works closely with the Manager of Events and Membership on the preparation and implementation of events and activities related to the Pro-Am Tournaments, where amateur golfers play a round of golf with professional PGA TOUR players. Responsibilities include:
- Providing onsite event support at the Pro-Am Pairings Party and Pro-Am Tournaments
- Pro-Am registration follow-up and handicap verification
- Assisting with the execution of additional events including the after-play Post Party, Restaurant Partner program, and Century Club Membership meetings
The Ticket Services Intern works closely with the Ticketing Manager on the coordination of all ticket sales initiatives, including:
- Working with Tournament staff to fulfill all contractual ticketing needs and ensure proper distribution of tickets to FIO clientele
- Assisting with inventory, tracking and on-site fulfillment of tickets, parking passes, badges, and credentials
- Updating hospitality and sponsorship accounts in Salesforce
The Volunteer Services Intern works closely with the Senior Manager of Tournament Services on the coordination, communication, planning, and execution of all items related to the more than 1,100 tournament volunteers, including
- Assisting with the coordination and duties of all volunteer activities prior to and during the Tournament including volunteer registration, recruitment, uniform inventory and distribution, volunteer appreciation prize solicitation, volunteer headquarters management, volunteer collateral, operations, etc.
- Assisting Tournament Staff with special events and projects as needed
The Women’s Day Intern works closely with Tournament Staff on the communication, planning, and execution of the Tournament’s special event, Women’s Day, an inspiring program filled with compelling speakers, leadership topics, personal and career development mixed with meaningful networking opportunities. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with pre- and event day planning to ensure a top-quality event
- Developing and implementing communication plan to attendees
- Managing guest/participant registration and check-in process
The internship runs from November 1, 2019 to February 22, 2020. From November to December, preferred availability is 2-3 days a week for a weekly total of 6-10 hours. Hours may increase as the Tournament approaches.
Please note these positions MUST work event days, Friday, January 11 to Sunday, January 26, 2020.
All internships are unpaid. College credit is available.