Why should I volunteer?
• Be a part of the excitement “inside the ropes”
• Help our community host a top quality PGA TOUR event
• Make a difference in your community
– The 2013 Tournament generated nearly $2.5 million for local charities and nonprofits
• Receive commemorative volunteer gear
• Build friendships that will last a lifetime
Why is there a fee to volunteer?
So that the Tournament charities can benefit as much as possible! Your registration payment helps offset the cost of the volunteer package.
2014 Official Volunteer Package includes:
- Official Tournament Polo Shirt with New FIO Logo (Men’s and Women’s sizes available)
- Official Tournament Jacket with New FIO Logo (Men’s and Women’s sizes available)
- Official Tournament Cap (Straw Hats available for Marshals Committee for an additional fee)
- (1) Commemorative Special Edition Lapel Pin
- (1) Volunteer Badge
- (1) Season Badge (good for entire week of tournament)
- (1) Volunteer Parking Pass
- (1) Invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party (volunteers only)
- Complimentary food vouchers on the days you work
Do I have to buy a uniform?
All volunteers are required to purchase a basic volunteer package. This includes a volunteer badge, parking pass, volunteer jacket, polo shirt, hat and meals on days you work during tournament week. We are requesting that volunteers wear khaki pants, skorts or shorts (No Cargo Style Pants or Shorts - Shorts must be to knee-length) to keep everyone coordinated while out on course.
is there a minimum age to volunteer?
All volunteers must be 18 years old by January 20, 2014.
What should I expect after registering?
Within a few weeks of registering, you will receive an email confirmation that includes your committee assignment and your chairperson’s contact information.
Volunteer working assignments
Your committee chairperson will notify you of your scheduled work times and any additional important information. Individual committee-related inquiries, including questions about your assignment and schedule, should be directed to your chairperson.
Where do I park?
Please refer to the parking map on this site for further directions. Due to traffic, we strongly encourage volunteers to carpool whenever possible.
Saturday, January 18 & Sunday, January 19, 2014
Parking is available for volunteers at the Scripps Clinic Parking Garage, located just south of the Hilton Torrey Pines. Directional signs will be posted.
Monday, January 20 – Sunday, January 26
Parking is available for volunteers at the Torrey Pines Gliderport (Parking permit required). Directional signs will be posted.
Where is the tournament played?
The tournament is played on both the North and South courses of Torrey Pines Golf Course in La Jolla, CA.
Which days are volunteers required?
Volunteers are mainly required Wednesday-Sunday of tournament week, but assistance is needed before and after the tournament. If there is a delay, play may continue on Monday, which will require some volunteers.
How long would I be expected to work each day?
Depending on your committee assignment, the average day is 4-6 hours long. Some positions require longer days, and you will be notified ahead of time to make any special arrangements.
How many volunteers are needed?
We currently have about 1,200 volunteers that help run the Farmers Insurance Open, but we could always use an extra hand! There is no set number of volunteers required to run the tournament. Volunteers are needed for all the committees. The Marshals are the largest committee and is always looking for additional members. We also have a need for volunteers on the following committees: ShotLink Laser Team, Century Club Ambassadors, Mobile Device Committee as well as a few others.