ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (SEASONAL)Summary
Operates multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls; directs callers to appropriate team members by performing the following duties; completes a variety of administrative duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, and forward calls to appropriate team member or department.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate team members.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate team members are unavailable.
- Answers questions about Century Club, Farmers Insurance Open and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines visitor needs, and announces visitors to appropriate team members.
- Performs support of other team members and departments with clerical duties such as mailing, shipping, photocopying, and collating.
- Can read and comprehend simple instructions, short email, verbal or written correspondence; Writes simple correspondence.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, customers, clients, and other team members.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment requiring mental stamina as event
Team oriented individual who presents a professional and customer service approach. Must be versed in MS Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer, as well as ability to find information on the internet.
Six months related experience.
Full time – hourly, Seasonal – Available December 2, 2013
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with overall qualifications and experience.
About the Century Club of San Diego
The Century Club is a 501 (c) (3), non-profit organization with the main purpose of administering and promoting San Diego’s annual PGA TOUR event, the Farmers Insurance Open. The net earnings of the corporation are used solely for charitable purposes, including the primary support of the San Diego County Junior Golf Association and for donations to other charities and golf-related activities in the San Diego community. Comprised of more than 80 dedicated men and women, the Century Club of San Diego generated over $2.5 million for San Diego charities in 2013 and over $26 million in its 51-year history.
About the Farmers Insurance Open
The Farmers Insurance Open is hosted at the famed Torrey Pines Golf Course in La Jolla, California, January 23-26, 2014. Host of the 2008 U.S. Open, the course has earned the reputation as one of the nation’s premier public facilities. Since 2010, Farmers Insurance Group has been committed as title sponsor.
Interested Candidates should submit resume via email to: Heidi Raymond, HRaymond@centuryclubsd.org